National Association of Street Vendors of India (NASVI)
National Association of Street Vendors of India (NASVI) has long been campaigning for livelihood protection, social security and financial inclusion of street vendors in India. NASVI is currently campaigning for central law for vendors in India. To know more about NASVI visit www.nasvinet.org
Monitor and report on the financial activity and draft all financial reports (internal and external) and financial statements for NASVI. Ensure that adequate financial systems, management systems, reporting systems and financial controls are in place and that financial procedures are being followed. Manage NASVI books of accounts and ensure that deadlines are met, payments processed on time and the Balance Sheet (including bank accounts) well managed.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Update the NASVI’s accounting records on a regular basis and that they comply with NASVI policy, statutory requirements and with generally accepted accounting practice.
· Maintenance of Books of account and asset management
· Bank reconciliation
· Generating fortnightly financial reports for monitoring
· Tracking funds from donors and others( external as well as internal)
· Fund allocation and cash flow management of different projects
· Checking requisition with budget for availability
· Preparation of FCRA Control Accounts through tally
· Prepare various financial reports of projects and organizations
· Preparation of monthly project wise fund position
· Preparation of balance sheet at the end of the Project Period of various projects
· Preparation of annual balance sheet of the organization Getting quarterly audit by Statutory Auditor
· Getting internal audit conducted on a quarterly basis
· Preparation of Salaries, Conveyance in accordance with attendance provided by the HR and ensuring proper timely payroll processing after ensuring appropriate deduction of advances, TDS etc.
Desired Skills and experience:
- M.Com/ B. Com. (Hons)/ MBA (Finance) Degree with 3-5 years experience in independently handling all the responsibilities mentioned above.
- Experience in working with the NGO sector will be an advantage.
- Excellent practical knowledge of booking keeping concepts and accounting software (Tally & ERP, etc.)
- Ability to learn and implement new accounting and related software.
- Ability to converse and write comfortably in English
- Good interpersonal skills
The salary range for this position will be determined based upon the qualification and experience of the candidate hired.
The interview will be held at NASVI, Coordination Office, 6 School Lane, New Delhi-110001, India. Phone: 011-41513014/23731515/41514726. Interested candidates can send their resumes to HR Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , before 15 April 2012. Due to the high volume of applicant response, not all applicants may receive a response from NASVI. The only short listed candidate will be contacted for the interview.
Last date for application: 15 April 2012